Wednesday 20 April 2011

The co-ed Parties

Oh how I love them, and I am not being sarcastic, I lurve them!!
I am a firm believer in interactive parties, I like people to touch, smell, or even grope...no judgment, honest, the product! Just don't try to sneak off to the bathroom with a toy, because I have to admit that is a little strange. I love people asking questions, and offering suggestions. A party where people are talking and sharing their experiences is golden! There is nothing worse then stone cold silence at parties like this, especially when I am providing grade A entertainment...well at the very least grade B- entertainment.

Co-ed parties are a little different in that they provide ME with loads of not only entertainment, but information as well! I enjoy how embarrassed some men can get, they go red, sink into their chair, eyes darting to the door and then to my table full of goodies trying to decide whether it would be better to run away as fast as they can, or suck it up and learn something that might perhaps allow them more sex in the future. One guess on what the majority choose.

I also love the men who get all puffed up and announce loudly to the room how him and his wife don't need any of this stuff. Meanwhile said wife is joyously circling everything in both catalogues and asking me about payment plans.

Then there is the final type (yes I will go out on a limb and say there are only three types of men I meet at these parties) this type is by far my favorite, and that is the heckler. To be honest this type isn't just localized to a passion party setting, I will meet hecklers at tradeshows and barshows too. At these events they ask me to explain a certain product, mainly one meant just for men, and then wait for the embarrassment to set in. Of course it tends to backfire on them as I launch into a long explanation, complete with hand gestures, and lubrication suggestions. More often then not they will run away, like literally run or walk very fast away from me. Do they seriously think I would be in this industry if I couldn't handle it? I worked in an adult video store while I was in post secondary, if I can handle men renting 10 videos at a time and then returning them all 2 hours later, all the while keeping a straight face, then I can handle househusbands and their mimis and gigis!

The hecklers do make a co-ed party fun though, and they provide an integral part to the selling process. Because while for the most part their comments and questions are meant to embarrass me they also give me a platform (and I do love me a platform!) and a rapt audience (since they are all very interested in my reaction to said comment or question) to sell whatever product is in question!

My favorite part of the party is at the end though, when it comes time to order. All those men: the red and mute ones, the confident in their lack of need for such products ones,  and the hecklers, they all come to the order room and promptly order one of each of the products I had shown that night, perhaps even two of a few things. No muss no fuss and everyone leaves happy! Especially me....because the more co-ed parties I have the closer I am to getting my Ipad!

No comments:

Post a Comment